Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thursday #42


Thirteen Christmas Songs That I Love
  1. Little Drummer Boy
    I love both the traditional version, and the Bing & Bowie version, below.


  2. Heirlooms by Amy Grant
    This song was released in 1983, when LadyKay was pregnant with Kiddo #1, and about six months after my paternal grandfather died.



  3. Snoopy vs. the Red Baron (Snoopy's Christmas)
    I always lose it when the Red Baron cries out, Merree Chreestmas, mein friend!



  4. Holly Jolly Christmas
    Oh ho, the mistletoe, hung where you can see / Somebody waits for you, kiss her once for me! Only the Burl Ives Snowman from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer version will do!


  5. Do You Hear What I Hear?
    At some point each Christmas season, Shrike and I attempt to sing this unaccompanied and fail miserably, because we can never remember who heard, saw and knew what when.


  6. Happy Christmas, by John Lennon
    War is over, if you want it . . . .


  7. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
    Animated version, please!



  8. Feliz Navidad
    This one brings back memories of my friends Christmas carolling in the halls at school with their Spanish classes. And Mexican restaurants.


  9. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
    I've always wanted to be invited to a Christmas Party Hop!


  10. Away in a Manger
    The cattle are lowing, the poor baby wakes / But Little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes.


  11. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    Make the yuletide gay!

  12. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
    Yes, I do sing along with the hand-motions while driving. You got a problem with that?


  13. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
    Bruce Springsteen version

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

7 comments:

  1. Feliz navidad? Really? Okay, I guess I am going to have to move out then. You forgot "O Holy night" another one we try to sing, but start out in one key and change to another because we can't hit the low notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, you know I love Feliz Navidad. I always sing along!

    You're right about O Holy Night, but at least we know the words to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved them too---when I was your age. But I've had years and years of them playing incessantly whenever I go out anywhere at Christmas time...so I am tired of all of them, except the Grinch!

    But I bet other people will love these videos and I may put the grinch up at my site!

    13 Extraordinary Winter scenes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like almost all of them, Feliz Navidad gets on my nerves...sorry. Happy TT and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh... those are all very nice songs! Yes, including feliz navidad. Even if it does irritate me sometimes... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to enjoy some of those when I was child but they do lose their appeal with maturity and repetition. The Bing/Bowie one is very interesting though. Such an unlikely coupling. So sad that Bing died before he could see how successful it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HATED Feliz Navidad when it came out back in the 70s, but it has grown on me over the years... I realized that I was singing along to it in the car today. :D

    ReplyDelete

What say you?