Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Trigger Time!

My ultrasound this morning showed that my uterine lining is still looking good (11.7 mm), and I now have four (yup, four) big follicles ready to trigger:

Right ovary: 22.7 mm (also one at 10.6 mm, which is too small)
Left ovary: 23.0 mm, 25.50 mm, 18.9 mm

My estrogen level is great too. I didn't really catch all the details on that, but it sounded like it would indicate that all four of those follicles probably have mature eggs in them.

Of course, it still remains to be seen whether any of those eggs are good, chromosomally speaking, whether good sperm can find them, and so on.

With four to work with, though, we should be twice as likely to get a keeper as we were last cycle, with two - or four times as likely as we were in the first three cycles, with one each.

Right?

Nurse E seemed very positive about all the indicators at this point, and said that she's "excited" and has "a good feeling about this cycle."

Of course, she probably says that to all the girls.

So, I will give myself the Ovidrel (HCG "trigger" shot) this evening around 10 pm, and we will do our IUIs at 10 am tomorrow and 12:30 pm Thursday.

Yeah, that's a bit of a sticky wicket there, because Shrike's mom was expecting us for Thanksgiving dinner at 1:30 pm. And the doctor's office is at least 90 minutes away, on a good day. And there can be some really bad traffic between here and there, especially at holiday.

Shrike called her today though, and let her know that we'll be there as soon as we can. I think she's going to push back dinner, and make up some sort of story for the grandparents who don't know about our plans.

Of course, they'll know all about it once I'm pregnant, but she doesn't want to say anything until it's a done-deal.

Of course, they know all about us, and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have another great-grandchild, but I'm thinking we might have some 'splainin' to do.

Shrike's mom tried to explain to Grandma about how her cousin (on the other side) and her partner made Baby R, but I don't think she really got it.

So, here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?