Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sperminator 4.2: The Pumpkins

We did our second IUI today, and it went pretty smoothly.

No problems calling in for the thaw & wash this time, because they'd given me the "back number" yesterday.

We stopped at the pharmacy first, to sell back a box of Bravelle, that I bought from my insurance company's specialty pharmacy, with pre-authorization, for $175.

This is the extra box that we got, to replace the one that I bought last cycle from the pharmacy that's associated with the doctor's office - for $300. So, that's good.

I believe I was remiss on Friday, in not mentioning the way-too-cute-for-words little girl who was in the waiting room when I went for my ultrasound. (And her Mama wasn't bad either!)

This girl is 3.5, and was talking to me and another woman, like she's a grown-up.

She started just talking to her mom, narrating the magazine that she was reading, "Look, Mommy, this is my new house!" and then she showed us her "brand new shoes" and it was non-stop until I left.

At one point, she got up and came over to sit between me and the other woman. She talked to us both for awhile, then she suddenly reached over and grabbed the other woman's necklace and said, "I love it!"

(Sidenote - While I was getting my blood drawn, I told the phlebotomist about that. She said, "Oh, that must have been what's-her-name-, with the green necklace. It was pretty.")

Later, my new little friend leaned over to me and said, "I love you."

I told her, "And it's very nice to meet you, as well!"

So, the point being, that I don't know exactly what her mommy is doing there, but I'm suspecting that we're on the same schedule, because she was in the waiting room with us again today.

She didn't have the girl with her (she told me, "I didn't bring the entertainment today) but she did show Shrike a picture of her at the pumpkin patch (on her cell phone).

So the wait went pretty quickly again, as we spent most of it chatting with her about her cute kid.

Oh yeah, the pumpkins . . . .

The clinic employees are having a pumpkin decorating contest (which the patients are judging). I got such a kick out of them yesterday (and I'm such a huge dork) that I brought my camera today and took photos!

A few were just kind of typical and boring, but the ones I photographed were all "fertility-themed."

Enjoy!

The Embryologist

Notice the clinic's logo on the name tag. I like it because the parents are very gender ambiguous.

This is the specimen jar full of sperm that she's holding. They are some sort of advertisement from California Cryobank. Note the shades and green hair. Crazy California sperm. (Not where ours came from.)

Mrs. Pumpkin Pin Cushion


This is an actual lab order sheet, reduced to scale. Mrs. P. is having her blood drawn for a beta today. Good luck, Mrs. P!
Bloooood!!!
IVF Mommy Pumpkin

Her scrapbook page. We do think they missed an opportunity, though, by not including a photo of a bunch of pumpkin seeds in a Petri dish.
It's a boy! And a girl!
Mrs. Spermy - I think this is our favorite!

2 comments:

What say you?