Friday, October 5, 2007

Again.

After a couple of frantic phone calls when I realized my RE's office had closed for the weekend, and I'd not yet heard from Nurse E, followed by a trip back to the lap to present myself in person, I finally got the results of this morning's blood test.

And, no surprise, it was negative.

I knew it would be, but that doesn't make it any more fun to get the official news.

So, now I stop taking the prometrium and wait to bleed, then we start all over again.

On Monday, Nurse E will be ordering my meds for the next cycle, and I'll order up some sperm - two vials this time.

In the meantime, we're headed to the beach tomorrow with Shrike's family.

This particular beach town is something of a gay mecca, and also very popular with the young het'ro families as well.

Shrike's parents have been vacationing there since before they (knew that they) had two gay daughters, and now it just makes it all the more perfect a location for a family trip.

We do the family thing all day, but in an environment in which we can hold hands walking down the sidewalk without raising any eyebrows. Then, at night, we leave the little ones with the grandparents, while we hit a dyke bar. Works perfectly.

Shrike and I aren't really about the beach itself, but we'll hang out there for a while, if everyone else is, if only to watch the kids play.

Then, we generally take off on our own to do some shopping. Or, more accurately, some looking, as we usually can't afford the really cool stuff that we see.

We're looking forward to it, but would be looking forward more if we were spending more than one night - it's quite a drive (about 4 hours) for such a short stay, and if if we weren't both trying desperately to not let the tickles in our throats and aches in our bones develop into actual colds.

5 comments:

  1. Big boo on the negative, even if you knew it was coming.

    You becah place sounds great. A fair way to go, but it sounds worth it - I hope you enjoy the break. And get some echinacea down you both to put a stop to the sniffles/sore throat. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, double boo on the negative. Knowing that it was coming doesn't make it suck any less.

    As to the feeling yucky, I am a vitamin C woman myself. 1000 mg. a day to help fight it off. (Drop back to 500 mg. if it stings when you pee.) Personally I find that it helps.

    And, as our grandma always said, gargle with salt water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it stings when you pee, it is passing through harmlessly and uselessly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had done all that Wednesday when my throat was getting sore...

    Usually I just ignore it and pretend it is not happening. But that is getting harder to do. One drawback to hardly ever being sick, you really aren't used to being sick and allowing others to do for you.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?