Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #29

Confession: I'm running behind, so I'm not actually posting this until Friday. But I'm cheating and back-dating it to Thursday. Because I can.

Anonymama and LadyKay's expressions of surprise at my description of the weather yesterday as "semi-autumnal" got me thinking about the changing of the seasons, so . . .

Thirteen Things I Love About Fall
  1. Crisp, cool mornings
  2. Not-hot afternoons
  3. Wearing clothes that have been put away all summer
  4. Such as a flannel shirt untucked, like a light jacket
  5. Mums in everybody's front yard
  6. Scarecrows, hay bales, pumpkins and other such decor
  7. Foliage
  8. The smell of my leather jacket
  9. Seeing all the cool back-to-school supplies in the stores
  10. Halloween
  11. Thanksgiving
  12. Starting to plan for Christmas
  13. On the other hand, it will be winter soon - for the next six fucking months.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

6 comments:

  1. You sounded pretty optimistic, until #13!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great 13!!

    my 13 is on
    http://momworksathome.blogapot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things I'm not so in love with about fall:
    1. Halloween
    2. Having accorns crunch under my feet on the driveway
    3. Leaves everywhere
    4. Starting to plan for Christmas

    Things I love about fall:
    1. The END of hurricane season!
    2. Not oppressively hot mornings
    3. Not unbearably hot afternoons
    4. Double, rather than triple digit temperatures
    5. Knowing that even if it is still hot as hell, we have survived another summer
    6. Having accorns crunch under my feet on the driveway
    7. Owning a leafblower
    8. Starting to plan for Christmas
    9. Thanksgiving

    Happy autumnal equinox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, tomorrow is our 2 year Ritaversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed every moment that my body has not been drenched in sweat after our incredibly dry, sweltering summer!

    A breeze on the golf course is a lovely change!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?