Sunday, September 30, 2007

Overheard at Our House Lately

Regarding The Great Courses audiobooks that she's been checking out from the library lately:

Shrike: I think I'm too dumb for this stuff. I may have to get the Mediocre Courses instead.
In bed this morning, after BigGaloot has licked Shrike's right armpit, her neck, her left armpit, and is now starting on my right armpit:
Whozat: Do you think you're at a fucking buffet?
While snugging on the couch, sans shoes:
Shrike: Your toes look like little Russian nesting dolls.
And a bonus, overheard at Target this evening:
Mom (to little girl): Come on, let's don't lose Daddy.
Little Girl: Can I lose him?

7 comments:

  1. Little Russian nesting dolls? I gotta look at your toes again next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Shrike's point about my toes was that they all look alike, but in descending sizes.

    She also told me once, back when we were first together, that they looked like popcorn.

    (From the bottom, I believe?)

    She later admitted that what she really meant was popcorn shrimp but she was afraid that would offend me.

    (Hey honey, remember back when we were worried about offending each other?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh screw you


    Just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  4. See how we just go right ahead and offend now, without worrying about it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Whozat comes over for a hug in the office
    Shrike: Ow!
    Whozat: What'd I do?
    Shrike: You put your elbow in my leg fat
    Whozat: (Kissing leg) Sorry fat

    Only I can't really say I was offended because I was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I think I would rather my toes look like popcorn shrimp than popcorn...

    ReplyDelete

What say you?