Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #23

Note: I started composing this post on Thursday, then I fell asleep on the couch. Sorry it's late!

Months ago, we said that we would not "name" any eggs or hypothetical egg-products before we knew if they existed.

Then the words "Zippy the Zygote" came out of my mouth, and it stuck.

Well, the name stuck. Zippy, not so much.

I can't imagine the we'll be able to resist doing that again, but we'll be hard-put to come up with a name as good as "Zippy."

But I'm trying. Hence . . .

13 Possible Z* Names for our Next Egg / Potential Zygote
  1. Zebulon
  2. Zenbio
  3. Zelindo
  4. Zundel
  5. Ze-ev
  6. Zlatan
  7. Zania
  8. Zylpha
  9. Zuzita
  10. Zelmira
  11. Zita
  12. Zayna
  13. Zonta
Thanks, BabyNamer.com!

*The alliteration is an absolute requirement.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

12 comments:

  1. Not necessary to change. Stick with Zippy. I like it. MJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, but since Zippy didn't work out so well last cycle, it doesn't seem very propitious to call the next one the same thing.

    Silly, I know, but isn't it all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about Zippy 1, Zippy 2, Zippy 3, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How abour Zippo, Zippet, Zipper,Zippidydooda

    or

    Zulima, Zipporah, Zoe, Zebidiah,

    Eddie Embryo? Evelyn, Edie, Evie, Ester?

    Festus Fetus? Fiona, Felicity, Frankie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Zephyr. Ooooooooooo propitious, I am a scared of you. Is that what you take to grow hair?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All excellent suggestions, LK.

    I think I'm leaning toward "Zundel," though.

    I suspect that when we do get a keeper, the "Z" name will probably continue to be it's working title until we find out the sex and switch over to the real name, but if you're looking for a name to go with "fetus," really the only choice is "Cletus."

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK!!!

    That should be "ITS working title" - no apostrophe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Zita, rhymes with pita....

    Yes, I know I have no say so here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zundel is kinda cool. There is always Zeppo too. And I still like Zippitydoodah. :D

    Unisexualness would seem to be in order I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  10. RE: If you live in my worktown, the apostrophe is absolutely mandatory in any word that ends in "s" I even saw it on a real sign somewhere lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ZZ, Zuzu, Zody, Zaci, Zany, Zeki, Zikomo, Zubin, Zappy, Zeppy, Zoppy, Zuppy, Zyppy or ZIGGY?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shrike (re the apostrophe) - I KNOW - that's why I was MORTIFIED when I did it!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?