Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Okay, Really

In addition to what they've each posted here, I've heard directly from both my sister and my mom today. They seem to be concerned by what I posted yesterday about feeling so overwhelmed.

So, I thought I ought reassure not only them, but all both my fans that, overall, I really am doing fine.

I'm not getting a damn thing done outside of work, and maybe I'm a bit hormonal, but in the grand scheme, I'm mostly okay.

I really think the overwhelmed feeling is primarily because there is only so much "me" to go around, and the majority of "me" is being used up by trying to learn this job and obsess over baby-making all at the same time.

The extra progesterone probably was not particularly helpful (nor will it be again in a couple of weeks).

To a large extent, though, I think that I just need to kick my own ass a bit and make myself do some stuff that's really not all that hard, after all (it takes, what, 2 minutes to empty the dishwasher?!) and get back into the habit of not being a lazy bum.

When I went back to work, I cut myself a lot of slack about other things, and let them slide. I think it's time to suck it up and realize that there's only so long I can milk "I've got a new job. It's hard. I'm tired. Whah whah whah."

I do like my sister's suggestion of trying to get out and walk the dogs with Shrike more often. We were talking about it this evening, and I think we're going to try to do that in the mornings, at least on the days that I go into work later.

It's exercise and sunshine and a chance for us to be together and to talk without some screen competing for our attention. It also means she wouldn't have to walk them alone, which I know is a challenge.

Also, now that I've sort of got my new work schedule figured out (more or less) I called and made us an appointment with Dr. T for August 27. I was hoping we could get in sooner, but her schedule and ours just didn't line up before that.

We've not seen her in a while (since before the last cycle began) so we've got quite a bit of catching up to do, in addition to talking about this and everything that's going on right now.

Maybe we should have made a two-hour appointment?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Man, the irony is just... trying to think of a good word that means really, really big... of MY Rx being take a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - well, you do have a point there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would help if your spouse were not melodramatic and ridiculous. I am never posting here again!

    And then, when I tried to post that before, I did my usual trick that means it won't allow me to, in which case I truly was considering never posting again. Or at least not posting about how melodramatic and ridiculous I am. I think we should both be more riticulous. I don't think we can be more ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shrike - I think that melodramatics and ridiculousity and the inappropriate use of such words should probably be added to the ever-growing list o'things to Never Do Again.

    (Of course, they might be the only things left on the list after all the ridiculous entries are removed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a 50 year veteran of this marriage thing, my advice is: talk in person, not blog to each other!!!!! But then, obviously I am of a different generation. Actually, that is by definition, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice, and point well-taken.

    Don't worry, though, we're doing both.

    (Of course, talking online has worked pretty well for us in the past :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just to clarify - Our comments to each other, above, are alluding to an earlier, real-life, good long chat about how we've both been feeling lately.

    After which, we're both feeling much better.

    And both recognize that we are, on occasion, ridiculous. And melodramatic. And (in my case) lazy, inconsiderate bums.

    But, we do recognize that, but we know that we're on the same side, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And in my case, just plain nuts. Sorry for the private jokes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, you're not plain nuts.

    More like honey roasted.

    No need to apologize. I was just letting the rest of the world in on it.

    (As if they didn't already know that we're ridiculous?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling "fine, overall". You'll maybe surprise yourself of how far you can get on just "fine". And the walking thing is good advice that I may take up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sympathize with the overwhelmedness - mainly because I'm a unitasker, so handling more than one thing at a time gets me all lathered up. Even when the one thing is something simple, like making eggs. Hope it's all feeling more manageable and yes, walking the dogs will help for sure! I'm sure enjoying it, anyway . . . so much, in fact, that I don't seem to have time to blog anymore. Because I'm BUSY - walking the DOG.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Roro - I've been wondering what you've been up to lately, instead of blodding. I totally understand, now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blodding?

    What the hell?

    Yeah, that should be blogging.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?