Saturday, August 4, 2007

Being Philosophical

Last night, Shrike and I were talking about the whole limbo in which we find ourselves, after yesterday's beta results.

I was talking about the fact that, if something has gone wrong or is going wrong, it's most likely because something was wrong with Zippy from the beginning.

We were, of course, agreeing that if that's the case, we'd much rather things end at this point than later, or than to not end at all, but there be something horribly wrong.

Shrike got very serious for a moment, looked at me and said, "Yeah, I mean, what if it was . . . a Republican!"

6 comments:

  1. Truthfully, it makes me a little sad, because I would almost rather there have been nothing than something than nothing. But I know, A) it is a good sign everything is operational and B) It saved our little Zippy from going through something that might have been really awful. So, we'll start again in September. September is a good month. Maybe we can shoot for July?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all around.

    Except that when we try again in September, that will put us due in June, silly, not July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, well it is a math thing, even if it is just counting. But I can figure the hell out of those negative numbers, even fractions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with LittleSlobberBucket being a Republican!

    Didn't find that funny... at all!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toni - Not as long as s/he lives under my roof!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I may, I'd like to make a suggestion about which month to shoot for. As a general rule, you should stay out of hospitals in July, if possible. The reason is that July is the month when interns become residents, residents become fellows,and fellows become doctors, etc, so everyone is new to their job and doesn't yet have very much experience.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?