Sunday, July 15, 2007

Baby-Making Update

I had my second date with the dildo-cam this morning (which, in lesbian society, means that we're engaged now) and they tell me everything's looking good.

The first thing the tech said was that my uterine lining "is awesome."

Then she checked my ovaries. At this point (Day 12) I have one follicle developing, on the left side, which is at 15.5 mm.

After reading so many accounts of stimulated cycles, IVF cycles, etc, one follicle sounded awful wimpy, but then I reminded myself that I'm only supposed to release one.

I'm scheduled to go back on Tuesday morning for another ultrasound and, I think, blood work.

We'll trigger ovulation (with the HCG injection) when the follicle reaches 18 mm. It generally grows 1 - 2 mm per day, so I'm hoping that, on Tuesday, we'll be scheduling the shot and insemination.

At this point, I'm guessing that we're probably looking at Thursday, if for no other reason than:

a> I'm supposed to be at work at 8:30 am that day, and

2> I'm planning to get together with two different groups of friends for dinner and drinks on Thursday and Friday.
After the appointment, we stopped at the pharmacy to pick up the syringe full of HCG for the shot, and the progesterone caplets that I'll be taking (vaginally) after the insemination.

(Commonly referred to in the infertility blogosphere as "hoo-ha bullets.")

When we were all done there, we hopped a train over to, um, "BigCityThatThinksItRunsTheWorld" and spent the rest of the day at the zoo.

Photos - and video - coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. 'dildo-cam" Jeez-us! Stop with this language! I still have 19 weeks to go! :^P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - you like that one?

    Of course, it's not technically a camera, but "dildo-transducer" just doesn't have the same ring to it, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?