Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Adventures of the Stinky Dog

When I got home from work this evening, PerfectPup was barking like crazy. This isn't too unusual, but when I went to let her out, I saw that she was alone in their room, barking at Galoot through the glass door to the back yard.

What the hell?

Although it's completely unlike her, I figured that Shrike had banished him to the yard for the day because he's still skunky.

(Correction: "Only his head stinks. I got the rest of it off.")

Ok, because he's a big skunky head.

I let PerfectPup out with him and didn't think much more of it.

When Shrike got home from work a little later, I asked if she'd left him outside. She was shocked to hear that he'd been out there.

Ater a quick look around their room, though, the mystery was solved.

"I know how he got out," she said, pointing to the open window, with its screen lying on the ground outside.

No word as to what he was after at the time, but it must have been really good.

4 comments:

  1. Unlike some folks, the skunk smell doesn't bothe *me*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the smell is bothering her because she is knocked up???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, honey, I don't know if that's something to brag about.

    Toni - That's actually crossed my mind. I seem to be noticing a lot of smells lately, and Shrike points out that I don't usually have the most sensitive sniffer in town.

    I don't want to jump to any conclusions, so I'll go with the theory (for now) that it could be the progesterone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... smells bothered me a lot when I was pregnant... :D

    ReplyDelete

What say you?