Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Grocery Report

I hit the grocery stores today, primarily to pick up a few things that we need for Sunday, when we'll be hosting the annual family Easter gathering.

There weren't any super-spectacular deals, but I still managed to do a pretty good job.

Weis
Original Total: $50.83
Weis Club Savings: $7.34
Coupon Savings: $5.00
Paid: $38.49

Food Lion
Original Total: $21.54
MVP Savings: $6.13
Coupon Savings: $1.00
Paid: $14.41

Aldi
Estimated Cost Elsewhere:$18.00
Estimated Savings: $6.59
Paid: $11.41

Total for the Day: $64.31
Total Savings: $26.06 = 28.84%

I also spent $3, plus tax, at the Dollar Store on toys for the kids' baskets. We're going very simple with that this year, just three cheap toys for each of them (we already bought some from the dollar aisle at Target) and I'll probably put some candy (that we already bought to serve) in some of the plastic eggs that we already have, for hiding. We have the baskets on hand from previous years as well.

They're already getting "real" baskets from their dad, their moms and their grandparents. Having another when they get to our house is pretty superfluous anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I actually got some good deals last Friday. Albertson's had boxes of cereal for $1 each- then I had .75 coupons of two boxes. And the cereal was actually the kind the kids like! I bought 12 boxes. Not joking. The boys and hubby go through cereal like it's water. Plus, they like to be fed daily.

    Also, gals of milk were on sale for $2.50 a gallon. Normally I pay 3.25. Got 4 gallons. (We go through 2-3 a week)

    So, not bad for me. Of course at the commissary on base I spent $158. But we should be good for 2 weeks.

    Our lives suck, don't they??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great deal on the cereal! I'm paying $3.19/box for Shrike's "shreds." (Honey Nut Shredded Wheat) No coupons for them today, either - Ack!

    It is pretty sad, isn't it? I was talking to my sister over the weekend and bragging about my recent deals and quoting prices to the penny and she was just laughing at me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck! Shredded wheat?? Need the fiber? haha. Actually since we are getting older, I guess I should start looking at that.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?