Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tomorrow . . .

I now have not one, but TWO job interviews tomorrow!

At 11 am, I'll be interviewing for the state job that I've been waiting to hear about, which I've already mentioned.

Then, I got a call yesterday from a staffing company, wanting to interview me for an executive director position, at "we can't tell you where over the phone."

So, it could be bogus, or it could be for real.

I figure, what the hell, I'll be dressed up and in the neighborhood anyway (it's in the town nextdoor to CapitalCity, also about an hour from home) so I'll be interviewing with them at 2 pm.

Should be a real fun day :-)

Speaking of dressed up, on her way out the door to work today, Shrike told me that I really ought to go down to the consignment shop (love, love, LOVE the consignment shop!) and get a "new" blouse to go with my suit for the interview.

I bought the suit at a different consignment shop (which specializes in dressier clothes) for the Governor's Inaugural Ball for a whopping $18. I wore a blouse of Shrike's with it, but it's all shiny and dressy and more appropriate for a ball than an interview.

So, I headed over to the not-just-dressy-stuff consignment shop and, after trying a few that just didn't work quite right with the jacket, I found a nice red blouse to go under the dark grey suit. Mightly snappy, if I do say so myself.

It cost $4.

I also got a pair of Eddie Bauer jeans which fit great, for $3.

Did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE consignment shopping?

I discovered this place while I was losing weight. I was able to "shop from the basement" for the first few sizes, and when I got really close to my goal weight, I had several articles of "skinny clothes" that had been waiting around for
"someday" (those are too big now!) but I had to do a lot of shopping in between.

I just couldn't stand the thought of paying full price for clothes that I'd only wear for a month or two.

My weight's been stable for almost ten months now, but I still can't stand the thought of going back to full-price clothes, so I'm sticking with the consignment shops for now.

You do have to dig through a lot of crap, and if you try something on and it doesn't fit, you can't just go grab a different size, but when you do find a "keeper" it will be cheap as hell.

I was actually kind of frustrated that it was the $4 blouse that worked for me, and not one of the $2 ones that I tried on.

So, my $22 outfit is all ready to go, my resume is printed, and I've been practicing.

Shrike googled "job interview questions" and asked me a bunch last night, and again today while we were walking the dogs.

There were also answers!

Well, hints on how to answer - like:

Q: What annoys you in a co-worker?
A: This is a trick question. Think really hard and then fail to come up with anything other than, "Well, I tend to get along with all types of people."
Good stuff to know - and it was very helpful to work out my answers to "tell me a bit about yourself" and "so, why should we hire you?"

So, now I just need to mapquest the directions, so I know where the hell I'm going, and then get a good night's sleep.

Ha.

4 comments:

  1. Good RED! Heard somewhere that it "says" you are confident! I love consignment shops! I just hate to part with my money! I'm a real cheap ass on certain things!

    "What annoys you in a co-worker?", yeah, don't wanna say, it annoys the crap out of me when the slack off and I must spend valuable company time plotting my revenge! Doesn't come across real well.

    Once again, Good luck!

    After I finish school in May, I will be going back into the work world after being home for 6+ years! I am soooo nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that! Blogger is pissing me off! Will try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?