Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pros and Cons

So, here are the pros and cons of the two jobs that I'm looking at right now:

StateJob - Pros

  • Salary $3K - $14K higher than other job
  • State has good benefits
  • On-site Daycare (down the road)
  • Already interviewed
StateJob - Cons
  • Commute(1 hour)
  • Starts at 8:30 am - can't wait up for Shrike
  • Schedule not flexible?
  • Parking $50 - $120/month (Free parking pass?)
  • Position 2 - Travel
  • Position 2 - Not comfortable with some aspects; would require doing things that are my weak points
TutoringCenter - Pros
  • Shorter commute (45 min)
  • 2 mornings start at 10:30 am - could wait up for Shrike
  • No parking fees
  • More comfortable with job
  • Could have dinner with Shrike, 1 - 2 evenings/week
TutoringCenter - Cons
  • Salary much lower - at least $10K lower than what I made at OldJob
  • Evenings - work til 7:30 pm two nights, could conflict with other activities
So, what say you, Internets?

4 comments:

  1. Tutoring center is looking much better! More family time. Money isn't everything. 7:30 two nights a week isn't that bad. Plus two days to come in later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - look at this and your previous comment, I think you understand my dilemma.

    Everytime I look at it, I change my mind about what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! This is so confusing! I give up! I will go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow, if I win over $5, I'll send you a little something! :)

    On to the grocery list...
    (gawd- my life is that boring!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see why I'm stressing?

    Good luck w/the lottery! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?