Thursday, March 22, 2007

Job Update?

This isn't really news, but I got an email from OfficeMgr a little while ago:

"Sorry to keep you in limbo but OldBoss hasn’t given me his final decision. I will try to work on him and get you an answer by Monday."

So, do you think she means, "work on him to make up his mind" or "work on him to say yes?"

I'm going with the former latter. :-)

Edited to add:
I'm a dumbass. Everytime I use the word "former" or "latter" I have to think it through to make sure I'm saying the one I meant. I screwed it up.

He's obviously not made up his mind yet, and I meant that I hope she's encouraging him to say "yes," not just to "pick one, so I can give her an answer."

Does that make more sense?

Did I mention that I have a fucking Bachelor's degree in English? Yeah, let's pretend I didn't.

3 comments:

  1. I think it means make up his mind. If OldBoss had already said no, she wouldn't push it, would she? Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely did not get the impression that he'd said "no" and she's trying to change his mind.

    I just hope that she's encouraging him to agree to it, rather than just to decide one way or another!

    When we talked on Monday, she sounded like she was on board.

    After all, she's the one having to deal with the kid who replaced me, on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where the hell were you last semester when I was completely struggling with English?? I felt like a complete dumb as in that class, I really struggled, but I did get an A.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?