Thursday, April 8, 1999

Before the Blog: We're Engaged!

Big news here! While in BlueState, Shrike popped The Question - and of course, I said "YES!"

We're planning the ceremony for February 12, 2000 - for more details check out our wedding page!

By the way, the big meeting with Shrike's family went really well -- her mom even hugged me good-bye when we left!

Other big news from our trip - we both went on lots of job interviews. I did six informal interviews in four days, at schools all over that end BlueState, but won't know about actual openings until June.

Shrike went on two interviews - and got two job offers! One of them offered her a good bit more money than she's making now, so that was impossible to turn down. The only bummer of it is that they want her to start May 3 - and I won't be finished with school until May 28.

So, she will be leaving for BlueState on April 25 :-( and staying with her sister until I get up there around the first of June. Needless to say, we're not looking forward to the month of May at all, but it will be nice for Shrike to already have a job when we get there.

Being a teacher, I have all summer to come up with a job, since she'll have paychecks coming in from her current job until August. We're planning to stay with our friends M & C (with whom we stayed during our visit last month) until I finds a job and we find a place to live.

We'll keep you posted on that, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?