Sunday, March 2, 2008

Cell Phone Update

It seems that my phone was being a bit optimistic when it announced its survival the other day.


Everything appreared to be mostly okay at first (except for the down-arrow key, which meant I couldn't read emails) but then I realized that it wasn't holding a charge for very long at all.


I ordered a new battery a few days ago and then thought to try putting Shrike's battery in my phone.


That seemed great at first, but then it ran down quickly and wouldn't charge back up, so I decided that it must be the phone.


Damn it.


I checked and it turns out that I did purchase the insurance when we got the phones, but it does not cover water damage.


Shit.

So, I went to the Cingular website to see what my options are and, holy schmokeys, it seems that we can upgrade either or both phones for free (after a mail-in rebate), with no change to our service agreement and only an $18 upgrade fee per phone.


Woo Hoo!

Shrike decided that her phone is working fine and does everything she needs, but I just ordered this little number (a $279.99 value) for myself.

Sony Ericsson W300i
Overview
Listen to streaming music on this cool camera phone for a total entertainment experience. The W300i features live video recording and playback. It includes multiple music features such as a built-in Walkman®, FM radio and MusicDJTM. Take and view photos on a crisp color screen. It comes with a stereo headset and is Bluetooth® capable. Rock out when the mood strikes you and connect to your home stereo, portable speaker system, or stereo headset. Plus, there's a full range of music
accessories for your W300i.

Included Features
Video and music streaming
Walkman® music player- MP3, WAV, AAC
VGA camera with 4x digital zoom
Video recording and playback
Bluetooth® wireless capable
AT&T Music, MusicDJ & Video DJ capable
Download Music Tone ringtones, games & graphics
Instant messaging - AOL®, Yahoo!®, ICQ® and MSN®
Multimedia messaging- send text, photos, & sound
External stereo speakers
Speakerphone
Airplane mode
Stereo headset
3D Gaming


The deal includes free two-day priority shipping, so I'm expecting it to arrive on Wednesday and hope to have it up and running by Thursday, after the obligatory 12-hour battery charging.


So, all's well that ends well.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I knew I was right to stick with mine which I can barely answer let alone do anything else with.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?