Sunday, March 2, 2008

Trigger Time!

This morning's appointment went just fine, and we even arrived on time, for a change.

We just received our call back and we'll be triggering at 9:15 tonight!

That's the good news. The bad news that goes with that is that we'll be retrieving at 9:15 am on Tuesday.

And we have to arrive by 7:45 am.

And we have 1.5 hour drive.

And we have to shower and get dressed first.

So, here's our report from today:
Estrogen = 1856
24 follicles visible (12 on each side)

The six biggest follicles on each side are:
Right Ovary: 19.7 mm, 19.6 mm, 19.0 mm, 17.5 mm, 17.4 mm, 16.6 mm
Left Ovary: 19.7 mm, 18.5 mm, 17.7 mm, 17.3 mm, 17.0 mm, 16.8 mm

At exactly (that part makes me nervous) 9:15 pm, I will give Shrike an intramuscular (butt) injection of HCG, which will help the rest of the eggs to mature by Tuesday.

Tomorrow, she has no monitoring, no meds, no nothing; that's her "free day."

I, on the other hand, will get the first of my daily Progesterone in Oil (butt) shots, as well as a Del Estrogen (butt) shot tomorrow night.

I guess I'll get the syringes all loaded up and go on to bed, so I can get some sleep before our early morning.

When Shrike gets in, around 12:30 am, she can wake me up for my shots, and then get herself a snack, because she can't eat anything from 2:15 am until after the retrieval.

Tuesday morning, we should probably try to get up around 5:00 am, so Shrike can get some clear liquids in her, before her 5:15 am cut-off for that.

Our instruction sheet says we'll probably be there for 2 - 3 hours, so we ought to get home mid-afternoon and, as soon as I have Shrike settled (she'll probably be sore, and maybe still groggy), I'll definitely post about how it went, and how many eggs we got.

In the meantime, we cleared that it is okay for Shrike to have a beer this evening, but not for a few days after retrieval (to protect her fluid/electrolyte balance), and by then, it will be time to transfer, so we're probably going to go to dinner in a little while and toast our little Peeplets with what we hope will be our last drink together for a good, long while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?