Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cookies!

I made Broccoli Surprise again this evening, and topped it off with an even bigger surprise for Shrike - peanut butter cookies!

You'll notice, from the photo, that she got hold of them before I got to my camera!

These are the world's easiest cookies, made from a recipe that I found (wait for it . . . ) online.

World's Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 1 1/2 dozen. I made 1 dozen and froze the remaining dough. It remains to be seen how that turns out.

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter

1 cup brown sugar
(I've also seen versions that use regular sugar, or Splenda™)

1 egg
(I used 1/4 cup storebrand egg substitute - wannabe Eggbeaters™)
  1. Mix all ingredients well.
  2. Spoon teaspoon-sized balls of dough onto greased cookie sheet, and press down with a fork.
    (Because that's a law in peanut butter cookie land. After all, without the little forkprints, how will anyone ever know that they're peanut butter?)
  3. Bake at 350 F for 10 - 14 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I use to make these for Luke when he was on a dairy and wheat free diet. I used Splenda- tasted pretty good! Noway was I giving him a bunch of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip; I'll try that next time.

    Especially given that they have real sugar, I sure am glad I only made a dozen. I think there's one left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm. I'm going to try these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?