Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thirty Weeks

Holy crap, I'm thirty weeks pregnant. 


That's like, a lot.

I  saw one of the midwives yesterday, and all seems to be well. Peeper's little heart sounds good, and my tummy is "measuring just right." 

I forgot to take my food / blood sugar log in with me, but I described it (sugars all good, even relatively close to meals - although I didn't do so well with the recording or monitoring over the weekend) and she approved. 

She also to me to start "officially" doing kick-counts, although I've pretty much been doing them for about a month now. I don't have to write anything down, but I need to count and make sure I feel at least ten movements from the little Peepster within an hour, during her "active time."

Basically, when I feel her move (if I'm not in the middle of something and distracted), I generally start counting, and usually get to ten pretty quickly. 

I'm going to be doing weekly non-stress tests, beginning at thirty-two weeks, so we scheduled those, all the way out to my due date. 

We were able to put almost all of them right before a previously scheduled OB/midwife appointment (except the 32-week one, which will be right before our appointment with Dr T), so they shouldn't have any additional impact on my work schedule. 

Good thing. 

As I told her, "If you add another weekly appointment, I'm going to have to go ahead and start my maternity leave - because there won't be any time left in the week to go to work!" 

Which doesn't sound like such a bad thing, actually. . . . 

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to give us another belly shot for 7 months.
    I know, I know - just WHEN is 7 months? I would say 2 months before your due date at this point... The 25th, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I ought to get another photo soon.

    Good question about "seven months" - I've given up on even thinking in terms of months, and just count the weeks/days.

    Some folks would claim that 28 weeks was seven months, but that's seven out of ten, so it doesn't really count.

    The 20th is seven calendar months from the "faked" last period date that we're counting from (2 weeks before retrieval/conception), and the 25th is two calendar months before my due date.

    I tend to go with the 25th, because when you hear "seven months" you think "two months to go" so that seems most accurate.

    Or, you know, I could just say, when asked, "I'm due at Thanksgiving," and let folks do the math themselves.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?