Monday, September 15, 2008

Dream Lover(s)

Have you ever seen an episode of a sitcom in which one character dreams that his or her (usually her, it seems) spouse did something bad, and then takes it out on the spouse the next day, in real life?


And it's all silly and ridiculous, because who would actually do that? 

Me, that's who. 

Well, sort of. 

It was the wierdest thing. 

Once I woke up, I knew, intellectually, it was just a dream, and she'd not actually done anything wrong, but I guess I had my "mad" hormones all riled up, because I still felt, physically, angry. 

But, on the other hand, I was also so relieved that it was just a dream. 

I couldn't decide whether to wake her up and yell at her, or wake her up and tell her how glad I am that she's not actually the asshole that I was dreaming she was. 

Okay, so I didn't actually take it out on her the next day, but I did take advantage of the fact that when I got up to go to the bathroom (because I'm pregnant and I was awake), it woke her up, so then I could I make her stay awake long enough to hear about the whole dream, which went something like, "And then you, you, you. . . . I can't believe you . . . . How could you. . . ?!?"

Oh, were you wondering what it was that she did in the dream that was so awful? 

See the post title. Yes, lovers, plural. She had two of them.

And it all came to light regarding the belatedly-reported-to-me results of her "infectious disease" testing from the egg donor screening. 

(Um, yeah, as though they wouldn't have mentioned that to us at the time! But the dreams, they make no sense.)

So, you can understand why I was so pissed, right? 

Right? 

1 comment:

  1. Woah!

    I also had a dream that my partner did something bad along the same lines while I was pregnant and woke up mad. Maybe it is just a deep, but not real, fear of abandonment because when you're pregnant, you feel a little more vulnerable than usual?

    ReplyDelete

What say you?