Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday #35

10 Things that Scare Me / Freak Me Out
Yesterday, on our way home from the perinatologist, I told Shrike about today's topic and said, "That should be easy. I can come up with at least ten things, just about Peeper!" 

She replied, "Maybe you ought to expand your repetoire, so people don't lose interest," so I'll try to throw in a few non-pregnancy/parenting related fears and freak-outs. 
  1. Regardless of what I said above, my absolute #1 freak-out topic these days is "Oh my God, I'm having a baby in two months!" 

  2. Heights. I don't even like watching someone else in a high place. It makes my knees tingle.

  3. There's a human moving around inside me. (Freeek-eee!)

  4. Bugs. In particular, cockroaches. (Ugh, I have to shudder a little bit, just typing it.)

  5. Is Peeper okay? (Which is slowly being replaced with "Is she going to stay put til she's done baking?")

  6. I'm forty years old. When / how the fuck did that happen?!?

  7. Childbirth

  8. Injuries to finger/toe nails. Creepy, creepy, creepy.

  9. Parenting. Pretty much the whole thing. 

  10. Did I mention that I'm having a baby in two months?!?
Learn More About Ten on Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. You're having a baby????? LOL It's a far cry from the 'Baby fund jar/can' on the top of the fridge in the Lincolnway apartment. I think I put $5 in there. A good investment, I say! And just think, in a few years Shrike can teach her how to 'ride a wall' at Dilly's! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that was to earn money for the baby fund jar. I just hope I can get over my fear of childbirth enough to be of help in the delivery room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you'll be just fine.. you'll fit right in and you'll know exactly what to do and where to be using your instinct. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My instinct would be to run :-). Oh, I do not run, maybe just walk fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just breathe. All you have to do is breathe.

    And take those little brown paper lunch bags with you. Breathe into those. You'll be ok. Trust me. Women have babies every day. Thousands upon thousands of them.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?