Monday, September 8, 2008

Milestone? Or not.

Friday night, I finally reached the point where my Peeper-belly (and its round ligaments) is a bit more comfy with a little extra support at night, so I've started tucking a flatish couch pillow under / against it when I'm lying on my side. 


Actually, that's only when I'm lying on my left, with my back to Shrike. When I'm facing her, I just squish up reeeaaally close, and let her hold it up for me. 

(Yeah, that's it. It's all about the tummy support.)

So, I was starting to feel more like a "real pregnant lady" for a bit there. 

Then, I had the following conversation on Saturday.

At our monthly Democratic breakfast, I was talking with one woman about baby-related stuff, when another woman (a lovely British immigrant in her 70s) asked, "Who's having a baby?"

I said, "I am! Didn't you know?"

Well, evidently, she'd not gotten the memo (she must be living way off the rumor grid!) because it was news to her. 

After congratulating me, asking if there would be a shower, assuring me that she'll be there, "If not in person, then in spirit - and in gift!" and such, she whispered to me that, "I'm so glad that you're having a baby, and not gaining weight. I was getting worried!"

So, there you have it folks. 

Essentially 29 weeks pregnant, and I still just look fat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?