Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nothing to Say Here

I seem to have a bit of a brain-block here, because I can think of nothing very interesting to blog about.

I could tell you that I gave ED1 my letter of resignation today, but that's no surprise, since I've been talking about it for almost a week.

I could update you on continued good news from some of the newly-pregnant and newly-delivered bloggers who I read, but if you're interested, you'll have already read it their blogs for yourself.

I could talk about the dessert party that I went to this evening, which raised nearly $7000 for Obama for America, but I didn't really have anything to do with it, other than showing up (on a comped ticket, at that) and bringing grocery store doughnuts and talking to a few people.

I could tell you about how Peeper either really loves or really hates TV, because she always gets real active when I'm sitting on the couch watching it in the evenings.

She's still bopping around in there pretty good. I hope she'll keep it up for a while after we go to bed (which is happening any minute now), so she can have a little visit with Mommy.

I usually poke her a bit and try to get her to move around for Shrike at bedtime. After she's born, we may regret having gotten her in that habit, but on the other hand, I figure she'll probably end up waking when Shrike gets home from work, anyway.

If nothing else, I'm sure that PerfectPup will add her to the list of folks that she has to alert that "Mommy's home! Mommy's home! Mommy's home!"

When she hears Shrike pull in to the driveway, first she and Galoot bark around at each other for a bit, then she runs all over the house, telling everyone else.

If I'm on the computer, and don't immediately go running to the door to greet her, she'll come in and bark at me, then run back to the door, then back to me, and so on.

She'll also go find the cats, and bark at them. I try to explain that they really don't care that Mommy's home, but she doesn't seem to understand that.

I really am curious to see whether she adds Peeper to her list of people that need to be informed.

On the one hand, it would be very cute, on the other hand, if she's asleep at the time . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?