Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Making it Official

After I told ED1 that I don't plan to return to my full-time position after Peeper is born, I asked her when she needed me to make it official.

Today, she said that she'd like for me to give her something in writing on Thursday, when she's at my center for the day. She'll pass it on to BigBoss when he returns from vacation at the end of next week.

Here's a draft of my letter of resignation. What do you think?

Dear BigBoss:

It is after much difficult deliberation that I have decided not to return to work full-time after the birth of my daughter* in late November.

It is my intention to continue to work as far into my pregnancy as possible, so unless it becomes medically necessary to begin my maternity leave sooner, my last day to work will be Friday November 21, 2008.

However, pregnancy being unpredictable, I would strongly recommend moving forward to hire and train a new director who will be ready to step in by late October or early November.

Of course, I will do everything in my power to assist with training and preparing my successor, and to prepare the staff, students and parents of the WorkTown center for a smooth transition upon my departure.

I cannot adequately express how much I appreciate the support, both professional and personal, that I’ve received from the franchise management over the past several months, and I want to personally thank you, OfficeLady, ED1 and ED2 for all that you’ve done.

I hope to continue my relationship with the TutoringCenter family by teaching part-time with TutoringCenter Online, beginning in early 2009.

I have very much enjoyed my time at TutoringCenter, and will greatly miss working with everyone here.

Sincerely,
Whozat

*Yes, that "my daughter" line does freak me out, every time I reread it.

I've almost gotten used to talking about "my baby," and I'm very comfortable referring to her by name, but "my daughter?"

Somehow that's different. More real? More surreal?

Holy crow, we're going to have a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?