Friday, March 14, 2008

Checking In

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. In addition to waiting, I've been pretty damn busy this week.

After two days off, I've had lots of catching up to do at work, and I'm working 9 - 7 most nights, and there's lots of political stuff going on - mostly calls and emails and information to gather and things to clarify and things to do and people to mollify and people to piss off - and web work piling up on two different projects and, did I mention all the progesterone in my system and how sleepy I am, and that I have to wait up every night til Shrike gets home (or til the time that she usually gets home) so that she can put another shot of it in my ass?

But other than that, I'm doing great.

Just a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

But, tonight she's off work, and I was off work at 5, and we picked up our niece and nephew and took them to see a nearby high school performance of The Sound of Music.

It was really good (some amazing voices for teenagers!) but we left at intermission because it was already 9 pm, and she was getting tired and he was hating it because Godzilla wasn't in it.

Maybe if both Peeps do stick, we should hope for two of the same flavor, as opposed to the variety pack, so there will be more of a chance of them having similar interests?

Now we're home, and he's watching Godzilla clips on YouTube, and she's playing Polly Pocket with Shrike and I'm blogging. (Not sure how I'm getting away with that!)

But, I just got an email from one of my minions (as Shrike calls them) and I have to go redo a voter list and format it differently correctly and resend it.

Yesterday, someone asked me, "Do you live on what the Democratic Party pays you?"

When I stopped laughing and picked myself up off the floor, I explained that what I do is a volunteer position.

In 2006, I was making voter id calls and someone said, "Now, I know you get paid a lot of money to do this . . . ."

I said, "No, ma'am, we're all volunteers," and she said, "Oh, you might say that, but I know you're getting kick-backs."

I guess I missed the memo about where to sign up for my kick-back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?