Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Follicle Follies

Shrike went in alone for her dildo-cam visit because, well, for no apparent reason, as it turned out.

You see, a couple of weeks ago, we'd scheduled an appointment with Dr T for this morning.

Last week when we saw that she'd probably be monitoring today, and that I needed a lining check on or about Monday, we tried to rearrange things to go to Dr T yesterday, then to the RE together today.

No dice, because Dr T was booked for yesterday. So, when talking to her office, I scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday, but said to leave today's on the book until I decided whether to switch my lining check, or leave everything as-is, and do my lining check and Dr T solo (and let Shrike do her monitoring alone today).

I did decide to do that, so I drove to OldWorkTown yesterday for my appointment (followed by a meeting with BigBoss and ED2) and this morning, Shrike headed down there alone, and I went to Dr T's office.

When I walked in, one of the "girls up front" said, "Do you have an appointment?" I said I did, and she said that it wasn't in the book.

I noticed right off that the lights were off in Dr T's office, meaning that she wasn't in yet.

Looking at the schedule book, we saw that we had, indeed been erased from today.

So, I headed down to WorkTown and took advantage of the extra time to run a couple of errands and pick up some supplies for the center, then still got in to work around 9:30, rather than 10:30 as I'd expected.

In the meantime, Shrike and I played a bit of not-really-charging-very-well-cell-phone tag, and I finally talked to her and found out that they'd said she had 18 follicles on (in?) the right ovary, and 10 on the left, and that "everything looks great, they just need to grow some more; we'll probably want to see you back on Thursday."

This afternoon, we got the official report that she actually has a total of 30 follicles, 6 of which are "measurable" (I'm still not sure if that refers more to their size or their location?) and her estrogen level is 681, which is a big jump from Sunday.

Her medication protocol will stay the same, we'll get the morning off tomorrow (although I'll go ahead and go in to work early, rather than waiting til 10:30) and then we'll monitor again on Thursday.

We're hoping to get a more solid prediction of our retreival date at that point.

We're getting close!

4 comments:

  1. Getting close...good luck! This is my first time reading your blog - looks like your putting her eggs into you - cool. I so wished that would have worked out for us, I really wanted to carry R's baby. For some reason my body did not like her embies...or maybe it was my clotting issue that we didn't discover until after my second failed IVF (with her eggs). I did heparin shots the entire pregnancy with Hudson (who is from an injectable/IUI cycle), so maybe it was the heparin and the failures had nothing to do with R's embies. Anyways good luck!

    Sounds like she's got a lot of follies but I'm a bit confused as to why only 6 are measurable. I know with R's IVFs (3 of them) they were always able to measure a bunch (she got 47 eggs on the last IVF!). Are her ovaries in an awkward spot (sometimes they an be hard to see) or is it that the others are small and thus the RE usually doesn't measure small ones. (Our RE measures the 6 biggest per ovary and then says that there are more that look about that size and/or that there are x number of smaller ones). Also is she on stim day 10? What did the RE think of her E2 level?Good luck tomorrow with monitoring - keep us posted! After cycling for so long, I love following others on their journey to pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IP - Thanks for stopping by. I discovered your blog, hmm, right about the time you got pregnant with Hudson, I believe? Before R was pregnant, I'm pretty sure.

    But I don't think I'd posted until today.

    At any rate - thanks for your good wishes.

    Excellent questions all around. I actually emailed my nurse this morning to ask about the E2 and the "not measurable" follicles.

    I'll let you know what she says :-)

    Those number are from yesterday - stim day 8. Tomorrow will (obviously) be stim day 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, indeedy!

    I tagged you for a meme at my www.momtourage.net blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how's it going? How was today's wanding session and E2 value?

    Here's a great website to help interpret lab values:
    http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

    ReplyDelete

What say you?