Monday, January 21, 2008

Manic Monday #21

  1. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be?
    Oh, I'd say probably either Maryland or Georgia. No reason.
  2. Where do you go for advice?
    Shrike, Anonymama, LadyKay. Or, if I want to pay money for it, Dr. T.
  3. What is the sickest you've ever been?
    As far as being ill, with an actual infection, that would probably be either when I was in second grade and had something that I'm not sure was ever fully diagnosed, but involved very swollen lymph nodes and being quite sick, or when I had mono during my first semester of college. If non-infectious physical pain and suffering counts, then I'd have to say it was the first few days after my gastric bypass surgery.

Learn more about Manic Monday.

10 comments:

  1. Its interesting and i like Georgia too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the kidney thing when you were teaching in Houston? And thanks for suggesting me for advice. I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm thinking the kidney thing wins for seriousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidneys hurt a lot, I bet they did in your case too.

    Very nice post. I had my first Manic Monday up today, you can see it here.

    Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't there a song, I got Georgia on my mind?? One of those country ones??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymama / LadyKay - In terms of seriousness of the illness, yes, the glomerulonephritis wins, but I didn't feel particularly sick then, nor was it painful.

    I guess I didn't feel great, over-all (and less so, once I started taking Prednisone) but I was functioning, going to work, doing my thing (albiet a bit more slowly than usual).

    I guess the answers I chose were the times that I've felt the crappiest.

    On the other hand - I suspect that the two of you are among the few who understand why I chose those two states to be "named after" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not imagine how bad you must have hurt after that major surgery. I had my lil ol gallbladder out and complained and cried for 2 months! I like your blog , I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I called Ladykay and confessed that I did not know why Maryland and George. She explained. Duh!!! Talk about feeling dumb! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, Anonymama!

    You and LadyKay should not only be the first ones to figure that out (Maryland / Georgia), but you should agree with me - for the exact same reasons!

    Jannis - Welcome, I hope you stick around. My gastric bypass was done laproscopically, so was probably very similar, incision-wise, to your gall bladder surgery.

    Of course, some people (LadyKay) were up and about like nothing happened after their surgery.

    On the other hand, there's BabyBro, who not only got cut all open, but then got sick, sick, sick.

    I'm sure he wouldn't have had any trouble answering that question!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?