Monday, January 14, 2008

Manic Monday #20

  1. Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture?
    Men.
    Have you ever wished you were the opposite sex?
    At times. Usually while camping. Or cramping.

    On the other hand, as complicated as this getting pregnant this is proving to be, it's probably a hell of a lot easier than talking someone else into getting pregnant so, geriatric ovaries aside, I'm pretty glad to be equipped with my own uterus.


  2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with your children?
    All manner of Dr. Suess, Little Brown Bear, and also a set of books that we had as kids, which goes from Mother Goose rhymes up through longish short stories.

    (I'm thinking maybe they included things like some Rudyard Kipling? I don't know that I ever read the "older" ones, personally.)

    I can picture them, and could probably even tell you what shelf they are sitting on at my parents' house, but I'm blanking on the name. I'm sure Anonymama and LadyKay can help me out with that. And I will feel really dumb for not coming up with it myself.


  3. What is one talent or skill you don't possess but always wanted?
    Singing. I really enjoy singing, especially at summer camp (love, love, love "camp songs" - both the ridiculous and the sublime, and love, love, love leading a bunch of kids in singing them) but I can't carry a tune in a 10 gallon bucket. Luckily singing skill is not required for song leading, just knowing all the words and being willing to make an ass of yourself.

    Ironically, for one who talks as much as I do, my voice is also very weak, and I get hoarse very easily. Even an evening of talking over loud music will do it, and just a few rounds of singing (especially the more raucus camp songs) really tears me up.

    Combine that with staying up talking until way too late at night, and I generally croaked my way through the entire season at camp each year. There are probably people who knew me there who have no idea what my voice actually sounds like in "the real world!"

Learn more about Manic Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about the cramping....I might want to be a man that time of the month for about a day!

    Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is My Book House. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black socks, they never get dirty the blacker they get!
    Someday I'll probably launder them, something keeps telling me "don't wash 'em yet". (not yet, not yet, not yet)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?