Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Beach

Whew, we're home!

We had a nice time at the beach, for the most part, except that Shrike's sick and I'm about half-way there, and it was hot (80s, in October, in Delaware) - except after dark, when it was cold - and I'm hormonal and fresh off a negative beta and every damn person in the town except me had a baby with them, and we drove five hours each way, to spend less than twenty-four hours there, and the one thing I was looking for when we were shopping today, I couldn't find.

But, other than that, it was great.

Seriously. Those parts did suck, and I was a big poopy-head for a while last night, but for the most part, we actually did have a pretty good time.

We had Mexican food for dinner last night, which is always a plus in my book, and we shared a suite with Shrike's sister and her kids.

Our niece slept with us - well, actually with me, since Shrike got up and went to the couch in the middle of the night, because she couldn't breathe lying down. She's a bit of a flopper, but she spent most of the night stuck to me like a leech, which was pretty sweet.

We haven't spent a lot of time with them, or Shrike's parents and grandparents, in a while, so it was nice to all be together.

But, now, we're glad to be home.

1 comment:

  1. every damn person in the town except me had a baby with them

    Oh man, I remember those days! The mall was horrible - baby central. Visiting hubby's family was not a piece of cake either. Babies everywhere.

    And then there was the part about resenting people that were pregnant when they didn't want to be... How come some teenager who doesn't want to can do this and not ME?

    Just remember that after all that, I ended up with not one, but two kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?