Sunday, June 17, 2007

No Dice

Still no surge, and the gentleman callers are shipping back to the bank tomorrow evening.

More and more, though, I suspect that I did ovulate around Wednesday (when I had the spotting), even though the pee sticks never showed a surge.

A positive reading requires that the test line be at least as dark as the control line, and it was never close to that. However, for several days it was about half as dark. On Tuesday it was even dark enough that I followed up with a digital test (negative) just to be sure.

As of Thursday or Friday, though, the test line has been barely visible.

I've also been taking my basal body temperatures, and starting Thursday or so, I've seen it drop and then head back up, which is a pretty good sign that I ovulated.

Other signs support that Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday was the window of opportunity.

So, I'm pretty sure I was surging early in the week, just not enough to convince the sticks that it was for real.

Maybe I have a "sharp" surge that's only really high for a few hours, and it happened between tests? (Which were only 12 hours apart!?!)

Or maybe my less-than-100% kidneys aren't clearing enough of the LH into my urine to register?

At any rate, there will be no inseminating this cycle, even though it looks like I did ovulate while Dr. B was in town, and we could have tried, if we'd only known at the time.

We have an appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist on Wednesday, to discuss our plan for the next cycle.

At the very least, I assume she'll be doing more high-tech monitoring, and I won't have to depend on the pee sticks to tell me when it's time to act.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you missed it this month. That is frustrating. I want you to be pregnant...well, not as bad as I'm sure you guys want it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next month and good luck on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum! I am being to think that I know way more about this whole deal than I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- whole deal being your girl stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LinPA - Thanks! The RE appt has actually be moved to tomorrow, so expect an update on that soon!

    Toni - Yeah, I think the whole world knows way more about it than they should. And yet, I can't stop talking about it!!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?