Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #11


I think that even more items for this list might have arisen since I originally suggested it. Some are medical issues, others are just plain wierd.

13 Weird Things About Our Pets
  1. MamaCat is epileptic, but her seizures aren't very frequent, so she's not on any medication for it.

  2. MamaCat only has claws on one foot. I had her electively declawed in the front, but she had to have the claws on her back right foot removed after ripped most of them out when she caught them in a miniblind during a seizure. (She was sitting on the back of a couch, against the window.)

  3. More than once, MamaCat has bitten through her tongue during a seizure, and gotten it stuck on one of her canine teeth.

  4. BoyCat is bulimic. Well, not exactly, but he does throw up a lot. The vet says it's nothing to worry about. Tell that to our carpets.

  5. GirlCat is quite overweight. (I'm hoping for someone to invent kitty gastric bypass.)

  6. Because of her weight, GirlCat is not as agile as your average cat, so she's got some grooming issues that are better left to the imagination.

  7. Or to BigGaloot. 'Nuff said.

  8. PerfectPup has hip dysplasia. We discovered it about a week before she was supposed to start an agility class. Obviously, we cancelled the class, since she's not allowed to jump.

  9. PerfectPup has some sort of digestive issues, and has to eat special "low residue" food, or she cries when she poops. "Cries" is a rather mild term for it; she yelps like she's being killed.

  10. We discovered the hip dysplasia with an x-ray intended to check her digestive system.

  11. PerfectPup is very "flinchy" about noises, especially the sound of a bag rattling - including her own food bag.

  12. BigGaloot is obsessed with poop. He will eat it from any species except dog.

  13. Big Galoot is still young, so we've not yet discovered any wierd medical issues with him, but I suspect we will. I just hope it's nothing serious. Or expensive.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Poor pets! I think they may need therapy! I love your banner with their faces! I'm still learning!

    My T13 is up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can just see the BigGaloot eating poop. He'd have a field day at my house. (I have a 3yo who LOVES to play in poop, even makes poop figures to leave to pretty up my stairway)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?