Monday, April 9, 2007

You Likey?

You know, I made my living as a web developer for more than six years (and might again someday) so I thought I could just bop into the HTML for my blog template, screw around with whatever I wanted, and whip up something all new and beautiful.

Not so much.

Turns out I really know nothing about XML, which Blogger uses. Everytime I tried to make a little tweak, it bitched at me about an unclosed tag or badly formed xml or some such bullshit.

(The fucking tags looked closed to me.)

So, for now, I've just added the new header image that you see up there and tweaked the margins a bit, to give myself a little more room to work with.

I still have hopes of a completely original template design at some point, but I'll have to do a little more work to figure out exactly how to implement that.

4 comments:

  1. It shouldn't take too long to get back into. If you've been out of the game for a while, a few things have changed, but not so much that you shouldn't be able to pick it back up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I've only been out of web development (fulltime) for a few months - I've just never learned XML!

    I really need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you are talking about. I am paying to have mine done! I can't even do a header. It looks great! Like that you added a couple of pictures of you guys! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?