Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3


(Yes, that's me, circa 1988, age 20.)

One of the more popular ideas on my original Thursday Thirteen post, 13 Ideas for Future Thursday Thirteen Lists, was a list of music that I owned in the '80s.

This turned out to be a lot harder to come up with than I expected. I thought I'd just have to find my old tape case and start typing. Evidently, though, I purged my collection at some point in the late '90s.

(What the hell was I thinking?!?)

So, this list comes from mostly from memory, with a little help from the few tapes that I kept, and some tapes in Shrike's collection that I remember owning as well, but most of hers are a little newer than that.

(Hmm, now there's another possible future list: 13 Cassette Tapes That Shrike Owned in the '90s.)

So, after all that, here it is:

13 Cassette Tapes That I Owned in the '80s
  1. Extensive Collections: Jimmy Buffet, Amy Grant, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen
  2. Greatest Hits: Janis Joplin, Billy Joel, Simon and Garfunkel
  3. Purple Rain - Prince and the Revolution
  4. Pretty In Pink Soundtrack
  5. American Pie - Don McLean
  6. Dream of the Blue Turtles - Sting
  7. Synchronicity - The Police
  8. Chronicle - Credence Clearwater Revival
  9. Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
  10. Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits
  11. Favorite Jams (Mix Tape)
  12. Slow Favorites (Mix Tape)
  13. Songs To Get Stoned By (Mix Tape)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

4 comments:

  1. I owned Tracy Chapman, the Police and Prince as well. I also listened to Rough Trade and Supertramp. Thanks for the memories!

    I'm all about words that begin with the letter Z this time round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! Number 13 is hilarious! I remember those days! Growing up sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have hundreds, if not over a thousand, tapes! I also purged them sometime years ago, and thought of all the money I'd spent on them... and winced. A lot.

    Mine's up! http://ameliaeliasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine - I read your "letter Z" list - I think about 12 of those words were new to me!

    Toni - Hee hee, and I was such a rebel to actually write that title on the tape!

    Amelia - I really wish I'd kept mine, but alot were warped, etc, and wouldn't play right anymore. At least most were bootlegged from friends, so I didn't spend too much money on them!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?