Friday, December 27, 2013

Head Band Bandit

I've been really annoyed by the condition of Peeper's box of hair accessories and saying for a while that I'm going to do something about it, but nothing was actually happening.


Several weeks ago, I saw a cool headband hanger made from ribbon on Pinterest, and then someone saw that I'd pinned it and sent me a message on Facebook that a friend of hers was going to be selling them. Awesome! Except she was looking to charge $20+ for them. Um, no. 

Fast-forward a few weeks, and a very crafty, sewing-type friend was asking about storage options for headbands, this one came up, and she said she'd probably make one. 

So, I contacted her and said "If you make one for your girls, and find that it's not a $20 job, could you make me one for something less than that?" 

Long story short (ha), I bought some ribbon to match Peeper's bedroom (except I accidentally got organza for the red ribbon, and it's really going to annoy me that it's not regular ribbon), and my friend whipped up a headband holder for me in about five minutes. And she wouldn't even let me pay her for it. (Although I did insist that she keep the leftover ribbon, since I had no use for it anyway.) 

We gave it to her for Christmas, and can you believe that I've actually put it up already? 

What do you think? 

I'm not too sure about having it so close to the nightlight, I may have to experiment a bit with locations, but there's not much wall space to work with, and I'd like to keep it close to the dresser, where the rest of her hair things are. I may tack it to the side of the dresser itself.




Of course, once Peeper could see all of her headbands, she had to wear them. All of them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?