Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Countdown: Caning at the Mall

Our advent drawer said we were going to hand out candy canes today, and by golly, we were going to do it, even if Peeper and I both felt like crap, and we were all cranky as hell.

Shrike had some shopping left to do, so she headed out to do that, while Peeper and I did the cane thing.

Peeper was wearing her "Snow Much Fun" shirt, tinsel hairbands and a Santa hat, and was absolutely adorable, but for some reason, I didn't get any photos of her. Sorry.

Because I am an idiot, we decided to go to the mall instead of Target, and we handed out a few, then Peeper wanted to see Santa, which involved standing in line for about thirty minutes. We did cane everyone in the line, but mostly, we were standing, and by the time we got to see him, I was beyond done.

We went over to the little pizza place down the hall, and just as I was filling up our drink, who showed up - Mommy!

We ate, and then poked around the kitchen store a bit, where I said, "I want that, and that, and that . . . " and then we came home.

And that was way more than any of us should have attempted today.

We were supposed to go Christmas caroling at a retirement community tomorrow with MOMS Club, but I've already cancelled. Peeper will be disappointed, and so am I, but besides just not being up to it, I'd hate to expose the residents to whatever we've got.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?