Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

We started bright and early (although no earlier than usual, really) with Peeper oepning her gifts from Santa.







Then we took a little break to play in what was left of the snow.



And build a sad little snow man.


Then back inside, for Peeper to open her gifts from us.


And a gift from Hannah and Mrs. Kia!


We were on a roll, then, with kid-safe real knives, an egglplant cutting board, and a Peeper-sized chef's hat and apron. She loves these!




She wore her chef outfit to help me get scrambled eggs started, and then she went to play.  A few minutes later she came in and said, "Look! Dr. Panda's Restaurant!"


We had scrambled eggs and leftover pancakes for breakfast.



They were a big hit!


Then, Peeper played with some of her new toys, while Shrike and I opened our gifts.






My favorite gift from Shrike was a total surprise. In my card, she wrote a "gift certificate" note, good for a breastmilk pendant of my choice! I haven't decided for sure, but I'm leaning toward a heart mounted on a penny, with Peeper's name stamped into it.

I've loved these since I first saw them, but I certainly couldn't bring myself to pay that price to buy one for myself, just for the hell of it. And, it means a lot more to me for Shrike to get it for me.

In the card, when she told me to pick it out myself, she said that "Not only do I want you to get the one you want, but I figured the logistics were beyond me."

Seeing as Mama don't pump, it would have been rather tricky for her to have gotten the milk to send in! She told me that she very briefly considered having Peeper get a mouthful, and then run it into the other room and spit it into a cup, but she realized pretty quickly that that was not exactly a feasible plan!

When I got done crying about that gift, we hung out and played with new toys (and uploaded photos and videos) until time to go over to Shrike's parents' house for dinner and more gifts.

Oh, and we took some cookies with us. These are the ones that Peeper and I made yesterday.


Peeper got some fierce pink sparkly cowgirl boots from Eena and Papa.



And a light-up wand and tiara. There's a matching ring and clip-on earrings, but she hasn't quite figured them out yet.


When we got home, she asked me, "Mama, can I put on my rainbow shirt, and have a carrot? Then I'll get my orange magnet?"

Well, okay, if you insist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?