Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lazy Sunday

A couple of weeks ago, Shrike and I established Sunday as Mama's Sleep-In Day, since I usually get up with Peeper and let her sleep because she has to go to work and be alert (not so much for working as for the drive home!) past midnight.


Mornings usually involve Peeper waking up and calling for me, and I take her to potty, then back to her bed, where we nurse for a while and maybe one or both of us goes back to sleep, until she's finally ready to get up for real, or it's time to get ready to go somewhere. 

This morning, a bit before eight, Peeper walked into our bedroom and said, "Mommy. Help me find my Rapunzel doll." 

What the hell? 

Off they went to play with Rapunzel, and it was probably an hour or so before she brought her back in to nurse. She went back out to play some more, and then back to nurse again around 10:30. 

At that point, Peeper and I got  up and let Shrike sleep for a while.

While I was Googling for a healthy blueberry muffin recipe, Peeper came in wearing a hat and singing Yankee Doodle. I said, "You put a feather in your hat and called it macaroni? 

"Yep, see!" 




Later, she was rat-a-tat-tatting on the "drum set" that she'd assembled in the hall. I didn't think much of it until I heard the bedroom door open, and Peeper shouted, triumphantly, "It worked! Mommy woke up!"

Oops. Sorry, honey. 

The muffins started with this AllRecipes.com recipe for oatmeal blueberry muffins, and I made a few modifications, as usual, based on some mentioned by the first commenter:
  • Replaced 1 cup white flour with 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • Replaced  1/3 cup white sugar with a scant 2 Tbs stevia and heaping 2 Tbs brown sugar
  • Replaced 1 cup milk with 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • Replaced 1/4 cup oil with 1 banana, mashed
They turned out pretty damn yummy, if I do say so myself. 



We pretty much just hung out the rest of the day, and I even took a little nap on the couch.

Peeper, of course, found plenty of ways to keep herself entertained.

This is a much more elaborate version of the drum kit that woke Mommy up.


This whole "dancing elephant" thing comes from an episode of Micky Mouse Clubhouse.

Then it became a tower.


"Get out, and stay out!"

She thought this was the funniest thing ever.


It was Peeper's idea to build Lego stairs, but Shrike helped with the actual construction (they kept falling apart and really frustrating Peeper) and I'm not sure whose idea it was to install them in the castle.


And one more concert before bed. Xylophone, this time.




She was saying, "Do you want to hear some notes? Okay!" so I asked, "Who are you talking to?"

I figured it would be Baby Bear or Mickey Mouse or Rapunzel, or one of the many characters that she interacts with on a regular basis, but she just said, "Myself!"

Oh, okay then. Sorry to interrupt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?