Saturday, November 26, 2011

Now This Is Getting Out of Hand

Shrike was digging around in the recesses of the closet, and left some hangers out when she was finished. One was a wire hanger, so of course, I had to steal it and make another wreath.

As I was trying to get started with it, Peeper was suddenly being very, shall we say, attention seeking, so I put it down and asked her if she would like to make a wreath of her own.

She would.

As luck would have it, I had just come across some Christmas tree foamies that I bought on clearance last January, and while we were in the basement finding some things for my wreath, Peeper had picked up a fake poinsettia (from a pen that "she" decorated at art class last year, and then demolished) and asked if she could take it up stairs.

So, I took those things, a paper plate, some green markers and a piece of ribbon from her birthday balloons, and . . .



Voila! Wreath!


I finished mine up after she went to bed.


It is made completely of "found objects." The wire hanger and trimmings from the Christmas tree make up the basic wreath, of course. Then I wrapped it with a braided rope that I used to use for displaying Christmas cards (before we put up all the collages on the living room wall), and added some tiny glass balls that I've used for miscellaneous decorating in the past (especially center pieces for Christmas parties) and some little angels that, well, I really have no idea where they came from. I found them while I was digging around looking for the balls.
 

I'm afraid I have to stop now, unless I'm going to hang wreaths all the way down the hallway.

1 comment:

What say you?