Friday, July 8, 2011

Pizza Bubble

Shrike's been working days this week, so when I've felt up to cooking something (I'm feeling much better, now that I've gotten some antibiotics, but still not all better yet) we've actually been able to sit down to dinner together, which is a nice change.

This evening, as we were sitting around wondering what to eat, I happened to read a recipe for something called Pizza Bubble on the Happy Home Fairy's blog. After a quick mental inventory, I realized we had all the ingredients (except for garlic - oops!) so I headed straight to the kitchen and Peeper and I got to work!

I won't repeat the recipe here, because I've linked to it above, and I've not asked HHF's permission to do so, but suffice it to say that it's a pepperoni-pizzified version of monkey bread, if you can imagine that.

Squish it . . .


 . . . little bit of cheese, pepperoni, and roll it up!


It's that easy!

Starting to bake


Because I didn't have any cooking spray, it stuck a bit and came out of the pan in pieces, so the presentation wasn't quite what I'd hoped, but it was delicious. Definitely a keeper.




The only problem is the name. The "bubble" part kind of grosses Shrike out. She suggested we call it "Pizza Puff," but that's something else, and it's not really very puffy.

I was trying to think of something to play off of the monkey bread concept, but I came up blank.

Any suggestions?

(Although, we called it "Pizza Puff" a few times today, and Peeper said "Pizza Bubble!" so she might not let us change it anyway.)

3 comments:

  1. Monkey pizza?

    ladykay

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! I am proud of you for letting your sweet Happy Buddy be a part of the baking process! You are braver than I! I think our Happy Buddy would have thought they were balls to play with and thrown the dough across the tile. I'm so glad you liked the recipe and it blessed your Happy Home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. A good name suggestion that someone said on my facebook page... Italian Gorilla Bread!!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?