Monday, May 30, 2011

In and Out

This was our day: In and out of the house, in and out of the pool, in and out of the panties, and on and off the potty.



She wore panties all day, from the time she changed out of last night's diaper, until she put on tonight's.

I washed a load of diapers last night after she was dressed for bed, and there is now one dirty diaper in the can.

But, whatever laundry time I might save on diapers, I will make up for with panties. I think we went through about five pairs today, mostly because of swimming in them (three?) but also a couple of poop incidents (two - but one pair had also been swum in).

There were no pee incidents! (Not so lucky yesterday. The one time she's peed in her panties, she was sitting in Shrike's computer chair. Right in front of Shrike. There's now a thickly-folded towel on it, and on her kitchen chair. Yes, she has a grownup chair now, she won't use a booster anymore.)

She's never actually told us when she's needed to go, but we're sending her every thirty minutes or so, so she's not had a chance.

I think tomorrow I'll space it out some more and see if she can give me a heads-up when she feels the urge.

So, I know we deserve most of the credit for her being dry all day (well, except for pool water!) but I have to give her credit for being about 90% agreeable about stopping and going when I've told her it's time, and for suddenly being very pro-panty.

We did some clothes shopping for all of us yesterday, and bought her a 7-pack of Elmo and Abby Cadabby panties, which were a big hit. I think she wore two pairs of them today - the Elmos in the photo, and an Abby pair.

Then, this evening, I was on the hunt for a toy and looked under the "sofa" table by the front window, and what did I see behind it, but a pair of the panties that the Easter Bunny brought - still rolled up and taped closed.

That's where her Easter basket things were sitting, and I guess they'd fallen off the back of the table.

I didn't try to snow her that he'd just hopped by or anything. I told her "Look, here's a pair of the panties that the Easter Bunny brought. They must have fallen off the table," but I'm not sure how she interpreted it, because she took them, and looked at them in awe, and whispered "Eeaasster Bunnny pannntees!"

They're just plain pink, with rainbow stitching around the waist like the white ones she had on yesterday, but they were from the Easter Bunny when she wasn't expecting them , so she was pretty damn impressed.


Later she told me "Want some Easter Bunny candy."

Sorry kid, we got a pair of bonus panties, but we didn't miss any candy. (I checked.)

This panty thing's only been going on for a couple of days, so I wouldn't be surprised if she decided tomorrow, or the next day, or next week that she hates them and only wants diapers, and I know that best-case-scenario, we've got a long way to go, but at the moment, I'm feeling pretty proud of us all.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Peeper! This is basically how we potty trained (except with Pull Ups at first since mine is in daycare) and it worked like a charm. Mine was 19 months when we started and it was a good while before she told us she had to go, but that could have been age too. Patience is key, and expect setbacks, but don't give in to them as long as she is still mostly cooperating! Good luck!

    Not that you asked for it, but here is my post on potty training. Missery loves company you know. ;)
    http://boneyjean.blogspot.com/2010/09/potty-training.html

    ReplyDelete

What say you?