Friday, February 25, 2011

"Snowy Day" Fun

My friend T, who comments here occassionally, and who turned me on to the Happy Home Fairy, is president of the MOMS Club. A few weeks ago she emailed me and asked if I'd seen HHF's hot chocolate bar, and suggested that we do something like that.

Now, I was thinking MOMS Night Out, because I'm selfish like that, but she had a kid activity in mind, and a little bit later, when HHF talked about the banana snowmen, the whole plan began to come together, for a "Snowy Day Fun Book and Cook."

We had about seven little ones there, from under a year to four. T read The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats, and the kids all had cottonballs to toss in the air every time they heard the word "snow." The needed a good bit of prompting, but got a kick out of it.





Then we made (and ate) our snowmen and drank hot chocolate.



I'm glad I was in charge of buying the snowman stuff, because if I'd been doing the hot chocolate, I just would've grabbed some marshmallows and been done with it, but T had everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?