Sunday, February 27, 2011

Letter of the Week: E

Tot School
~ Peeper is 27.75 months old ~

A Note To My Regular Readers: I know I'm repeating some photos and stories that you've already seen, but I want to put all our learning activities in the one post that's part of to the Tot School link-up.

Tot Schoolers: Welcome! If you enjoy this post, please feel free to stay for a while. I'll give you a fair warning that much of my blog is PG-13, but my Tot School link-up posts will always be G-Rated.



I started the week by introducing Peeper to her "Letter E discovery bin" which she immediately started investigating.

Ernie and Elmo, of course.


Eggs. When I showed them to her, she said "Mite back!" and ran off. Moments later, she returned with another egg. I have no idea where she found it.


Elephants


And an eye patch. I figure I can use this again for P.

And Rrrrrrr.


I got this idea from Frugal Family Fun.



Eyeballs, puffies and pipecleaners, oh my!

We had a pretty heavy snow Monday night, and on Tuesday, we brought some inside and made a snow-face.

And snow ice cream!

This was her idea. After she'd gathered a few balls, I did suggest she look for the big ones, but she totally took it upon herself to line them all up. Almost by size.

Cinnamon-cheese toast, cut into elephants (I think). She held up one of the long, skinny cast-off pieces, and said "trunk!"

She loves her some googly eyeballs. Again, she took it upon herself to line the up. She's a liner-upper.

This is an activity that I thought she'd love, but it turned out to be a bust. She really wasn't interested in putting straws in the little holes. Maybe we'll try it again in a few weeks.

Throwing the straws around, now that looked like fun.

Our two letter crafts for the week. These were actually my own ideas, more or less.

"E is for Eggs."

And "e is for elmo."

Of course, "e for eggs" and "E for Elmo" would have been more grammatically correct, but I couldn't figure out how to make E look like Elmo.


Again, all on her own, she gathered a bunch of doggy and kitty books, and lined them  up. Then she told the cat, "BoyCat (not his real name) yook! (pointing to each one) Ki'cat right dere. Ki'cat right dere."

I loved how she thought he'd be interested in reading about the kitty cats!



And, finally, on Saturday, we went to Target for their Read Across America event.

And one last experiement. I have no idea why she insisted on putting herself in the box, but she managed to do it, after a few tries.

Last night, I told her that we would be moving to a new letter, and asked "What do you think it will be? We've already done A, B, C, D, E - what could be next?"

She said "F!"

And, of course, she was right.

Check back next week to see what kinds of F-F-F-Fun we came up with for that!

3 comments:

  1. Love The googly eyes! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeballs with the magazine cracks me up! Looks like you had a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolll i love the googly eyes on the magazine! I want to try that. I love your alphabet discovery box.. its really such a great idea.. i want to try that when I do start the letter A next week.. i hope i remember to.. :)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?