Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often Obama

I've already voted for Barack Obama, have you? 

With Peeper due just three weeks after Election Day, Shrike and I decided it would be wise to vote absentee, just in case. 

Our ballots arrived yesterday, and I filled mine out immediately (it didn't take long - I just colored in the little dot beside "Democrat") and put it in the mailbox yesterday. 

If you live in a state that offers early voting, or that's pretty lenient about absentee voting, please go ahead and vote as soon as you can. 

You never know what might happen to you between now and Election Day!

Also, if you've already voted, you'll have that much more time on your hands to volunteer, and help to get other voters out to the polls on Election Day. 

3 comments:

  1. Here in Texas we have early voting, no excuse required. In fact, everyone is urged to vote early. It is a great system. Only downside is for candidates who have to man the polling places or find someone else to do it for you. Eight to five, five days a week, plus some weekends at several polls. Hard to find that many people to do it. (I guess that is not a problem for big time candidates, though, is it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Texas hasn't always been so generous with their early/absentee voting, have they?

    Like, say, about 40 years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. You refer to the time I tried to vote absentee for medical reasons, back when you needed a reason. I went to the poll eight and a half months pregnant with an over ten pound baby and was told that I needed a written doctor's excuse. I started to change my excuse to "be out of town" which required no verification!

    Now, just show up and urged to do so.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?