Thursday, October 23, 2008

Babies Come With Gifts

Our shower is on Saturday, and a light sprinkle has already begun. 


Shrike and I have both found gifts and cards on our desks at work this week, and little Peeper has already racked up over a hundred bucks in cash and gift cards. 

Not a bad gig she's got going, this gettin' ready to get born thing. 

The woman who is hosting the shower is someone with whom I work in the local Democratic Party, and so are several of the folks on our guest list. At our annual Fall Dinner on Tuesday, I saw several small pink packages come in, sit around (while I pretended not to notice them) and then go out to her car. 

I'm guess those are from folks who won't be able to attend. 

(Emily Post, by the way, say that you are not obligated to send a gift to a shower that you're not attending. But we'll forgive them their breech of etiquette.)

Anonymama emailed a few days ago to say that she wanted to send a gift to Hostess' house, but didn't have the address, so she sent it here. 

It's too big to gift wrap, so we've been forbidden to open it before Saturday. 

Shrike offered to hide it when it arrives. I guess she doesn't trust me. 

I have to say that the whole people-giving-us-stuff-left-and-right thing is a little hard to get used to, but it sure is fun!

1 comment:

What say you?