Monday, August 4, 2008

Bouncing Baby Girl

I've got an appointment with MidwifeK tomorrow morning, but that's probably not going to be anythng too exciting. Should just be pee-in-cup, weight, BP, chit-chat and a listen with the Doppler.

Of course, it will be good to know that Peeper's heart sounds right, but as much as she's moving around these days, at least I don't need the Doppler to prove that she's in there anymore!

Last night, I swear, she was jumping up and down on my cervix* like a trampoline.

I know, you're thinking "Oh, that's hyperbole, she was just kicking a bit."

Uh uh.

Jumping.

Up and down.

I felt whap . . . whap . . . whap down there, over and over - then occassionally a thud at the top, like she'd jump-jump-jumped until she finally went high enough to bonk her little fetal head on the ceiling!

I would've loved to have had an ultrasound handy to see what was really going on in there!

*Those cervical kicks are just bizarre. It doesn't hurt, and it's not especially unpleasant, just kind of freaky, because I feel it in my uterus, where she kicks, but then it's like the impact is conducted all the way out. If you get my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?