Monday, July 7, 2008

Shrike Bite Update

Shrike came home from work this evening (morning) saying, "You need to take a new picture of my arm for the blog."

"Oh," I asked, "Is the bruising worse?"

Um, yeah, you could say that.

This photo shows the bruise and the bite - but doesn't do justice to the swelling.
She has promised to take it to a doctor tomorrow, or at least to talk to one, about whether she needs a tetanus shot or antibiotics.

The most ridiculous part is that Galoot (if it was him; it could've been Not-So-PerfectPup) probably had no intention of biting anyone, she just got in the way of what was supposed to be nothing but an argument.

9 comments:

  1. Hmm - getting caught up in dog arguments HURTS!

    How cool that you can both feel Peeper moving now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are her tetnus immunizations up to date? And I am sure both dogs have their immunizations up to date, right? It looks like it could use a professional look-see. A lesson: never get in the middle of a family argument!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's supposed to call the doctor this morning and ask for a tetanus shot (it's probably been > 7 years - last time she had one was when GirlCat bit her, at the vet's office) and preferably a look to see if it needs a stitch (probably not) or at least a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And quite possibly antibiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have been taking girl cat's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, she called the doctor's office and told them she's got a dog bite and needs a tetanus shot.

    They gave her an appointment for Friday.

    Is it just me, or does it seem that she ought to get in sooner than that?

    I'm thinking I may call tomorrow and see what I can do to move things up.

    I think a doctor needs to look at it asap, and decide if she needs antibiotics in addition to the tetanus.

    And I think she needs either a little sooner than five days after the bite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol - Oh, that's why you're telling me she's taking them so well. You're doing it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooner! The dog is up to date on rabies, isn't he? Or she? You want to prevent the infection, not wait until it is rampant. And don't like to stitch up a dirty wound, usually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooner! Just to give you an option, I needed a teatnus shot after pricking my finger while changing a tire and went to one of those drop in clinics. Patient First, I think. Aside from all the sick people in the waiting room, it was a piece of cake and my insurance paid the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?