Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Puzzling Package for Peeper

Shrike and I had the following conversation on the phone earlier today:

Shrike: So, Peeper got a package in the mail.

Whozat: Really, what is it?

Shrike: I don't know, I didn't open it. But it's addressed to her.

Whozat: Wait, you mean like "Shrike-Whozat Baby" or like "Peeper Shrike-Whozat?"

Shrike: Peeper Shrike-Whozat. (But her real name, of course.)

Whozat: Really?!?

Shrike: Yeah, I figured you ordered her something, or it came from some website that you signed up on or something.

Whozat: I've not signed up anywhere with her real name. What the hell?

Shrike: Well, it's probably a gift. I wonder who it's from.

Whozat: Me too - I'm in suspenders! But I guess we'll find out when I get home and open it.
Except, not so much.

Here's what was in the package - a set of six pairs of entirely too precious for words teeny socks, printed to look like little black patent leather Mary Janes, in a variety of colors, of course:

But that was all - no gift card, no note, no receipt, no indication who might have sent them.

(They were shipped from Sacremento, California, but we don't know anyone there, so we figure that's just where the store is.)

But, where ever they came from, I love them - and I'm sure Shrike will too, as soon as she reads this post and sees the photo.

So, if you sent us some incredibly cute baby socks - Thank you very much!

Also, please let us know who you are, so you can be properly credited.

3 comments:

  1. They are adorable but that is very puzzling. It might be my old friend who just found me but I don't think she is from Sacramento. And my other old friends don't know. Dammit! More suspenders....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone has given you the source of all my angst about having a second boy. I just wanted to put those maryjane socks on a baby. My honey will not allow that since Christopher Robin wears maryjanes, our son should be able to wear these socks. I did, however, make up for the angst by registering for cowboy boot socks by the same company. So CUTE! I wish I had sent those to you. I hate gender/clothing issues. And if he wants to wear maryjanes when he's older, I'll help him pick them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?