Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Meme About Us

I found this here, and thought, "Hey, it's been a while since I've memed!"

Where did you meet?
On the Interwebs. Specifically, a lesian message board called "The Shark's Den." I have no idea what two straight girls like us were doing there . . . ;-)

How long did you date?
We communicated online and by phone for about three months before we met in person. Then, it was about another three months before Shrike actually moved to Texas to live with me. That was a little more than ten years ago, and the rest is history.

How old is she?
Shrike is thirty-nine. (Fifty weeks younger than me.)

Who said “I love you” first?
Oh, gosh, I'm not sure about that, but I think it was her.

First there was the email progression from "love ya" to "love you" to, I'm pretty sure, "I love you."

Then, the first time we talked on the phone, we both chickened out about saying it.

Later, via email, we talked about how we were chicken. The next time we talked on the phone, I'm pretty sure she said it, prefaced with something like, "Ok, I'm just going to say it . . . ."

Funny thing is, that was all before we'd admitted that there was really something going on, and we were just pretending to be friends. Um, yeah. Right.

She was definitely the first one to actually "confess her love." I, of course, reciprocated immediately.

Who is taller?
I am, by about four inches.

Who is smarter?
It depends on the subject. I'm better and math and such, but she knows were to put commas and how to spell wierd weird.

Whose temper is worse?
Hers.

Who does the laundry?
She does laundry and trash. I do dishes (except when I don't) and the litterbox (except when I'm pregnant).

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Our right, when we're in the bed, or your right, if you're standing at the foot, looking at us?

(Why are you standing at the foot of our bed, looking at us, anyway? That's kind of rude.)

From our perspective, she is on the right, and I'm on the left. And BigGaloot is often in the middle. Or on top of us. And MamaCat is walking on our heads.

Who pays the bills?
Her check pays for most of them (except the mortgage, car note and home equity loan) but I actually handle the checkbook. Most of the bills, technically, are on auto-pay, though - which is wonderful.

Who cooks dinner?
TGI Fridays.

Seriously, if anyone does any actual cooking, it's usually me. Unless it's a special occassion and she makes something like Anonymama's Peanut Soup.

Or when we grill - then it's a joint effort. We've done that enough that we each have our roles down, and it's like a well-oiled machine.

She gets the meat marinating early in the day, then when it's time to cook, she lights the grill while I cut and kabob my veggies (usually onion and pepper). When the food is ready to go on, I usually do the monitoring, basting and turning and she passes the final judgement on whether the meat is done.

Who drives when you are together?
Shrike does. These days, we take my car, but she still drives. Which is sort of an adventure, because she's still not 100% comfortable with the whole shifting thing. Actually, it's really just first-fucking-gear-dammit that gives her trouble.

Who is more stubborn?
That would be me.

Who kissed whom first?
I kissed her.

Who is the first to admit to being wrong?
Usually me, I think.

Whose parents do you see the most?
Hers, because they live five minutes away, while mine are half way across the country. We probably communicate with mine more, though, because Anonymama reads and comments on the blog.

Who proposed?
The very first time, she did. Then we ended up postponing the wedding a couple of times, and I'm really not sure who made the call to actually move forward with the plans when we did.

It might have been when our niece was born, and Shrike decided that maybe having a baby wouldn't be such a bad idea, and I told her that we had to be married first.

Okay, "married."

Of course, that was 7.5 years ago, so evidently there were a few other things we had to take care of along the way, too.

What’s her best physical attribute?
I love her "cheeseburgers" (don't ask) and her cute, tiny little ears. Also her eyes. And other things that I won't mention. (See above, re: my mother reads this blog.)

Who has more friends?
I do, because I actually like people.

What are you most proud of her for?
Being with me.

Who has more siblings?
Me. I have an older sister (LadyKay) and a younger brother. Shrike has one sister, a year older than her.

Who wears the pants in the family?
Well, I'm the bossy bitch around here, so I guess that would be me.

Literally, of course, we both do.

Because we're dykes that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?