Monday, June 23, 2008

Manic Monday #36

  1. Are you a talker or a listener? Is it ever possible to really be both?
    I'd like to think that I'm a good listener too, but I'm definitely more of a talker.
  2. Do you think God has a sense of humor?
    Perhaps a twisted sense of humor.

  3. Do you believe in love at first sight? Have you ever experienced it?
    How about love before first sight?

    I think it might be a stretch to say that Shrike and I fell in love at the first sight of each other's typed words, but there was an immediate connection within the first couple of exchanges, and I know that, crazy as it sounds, I was in love with her before we even saw each other's photos - and long before we met in person.

    (A very, very different kind of "in love" from what I feel now, ten years later, but definitely in love already.)

    Here's a funny story about that, actually.

    When we'd been emailing for a few weeks, and had not yet declared our love for each other, but were pretty much about too, I mailed her a photo.

    (Neither of us had digital cameras or scanners at that point, so emailing photos wasn't an option.)

    She told me that when it arrived, she was scared to open it and look at it, but "Little did I know, I had nothing to worry about."

    Now, I knew was nervous about seeing her photo, because I kept thinking, "Oh my God, what if she's not cute, and I'm not attracted to her. That would be awful, because I already love her!"

    (Except maybe not quite so consciously as that.)

    So, I figured her concerns were the same, and was flattered when she said that.

    Years later, we were reminiscing about this, and talking about how nervous we were about looking at the photos, and she said, "I was intimidated, because I was afraid you'd be like totally hot or something, and way out of my league."

    I was all, "Ha ha, yeah . . . HEY - wait a minute!"

Learn more about Manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. It's a league of their own. How come I always come off like a jerk here :-)? Oh wait a minute...

    And when you can keep your mouth shut (a monumental task) you really are a good listener, the best I've ever known.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?